FMCSA found that carrier harassment to truckers using E-Logs is minimal however it still found pros and cons to E-Logging. FMCSA stated that the evidence in the survey does not support the assumption that more harassments are due to logging Hours of Service with E-logs however it does not necessarily find that it doesn’t either.
-More drivers using E-logs reported more frequent instances of harassment, however 95% don’t contribute it to E-logging.
Pros to E-Logging
70% of drivers believe…
1. E-Logging involves less paperwork to fill out.
2. E-Logging is time efficient and makes it easier to comply with hours.
3. Enhances relationships with fleet managers.
Cons to E-logging
More than 50% of drivers believe…
1. They give their fleet manager to much insight (no privacy).
2. E-Logging hinders them from doing their jobs the way they want to.
3. It makes them less Independence.