This is a weekly series that brings the insights we use to get your shipments from A to B from our carrier sales floor to your home office.
This week Loadsmart’s Director of Carrier Sales, Jordan Abrams, breaks down what happened last week and what to expect this week in the freight market in less than 60 seconds.
What We Saw Last Week
- January has cooled the market as rejections fall and volumes slow
- Volumes decreased and settled at just under 14k. remember this is still over 40% higher levels than last year
- Rejections continue their downward trend and rest around 22%. Another reminder – Rejections were at 8% at this same time last year
- The Truckstop AVG LH dropped $0.37 from $3.22 to $2.85.
What To Expect This Week
- It’s still a supply game as carriers continue to hold on to their market power
- Contract and spot rates are making moves towards each other. Stay tuned as we expect them to meet in the coming months, causing shippers to contract more and more capacity
- Winter weather will hit the midwest and northeast causing delays and capacity crunches. Plan around the weather to take advantage of capacity leaving the regions.
Stay Up to Date
With all the latest weekly and monthly market insights on our Youtube page. Questions about anything you saw? Email email@example.com and let’s talk about how we can help you take advantage of real-time market conditions.