Join Loadsmart’s Director of Carrier Sales, Jordan Abrams, for less than 60 seconds on this episode of Loadsmart First Look Weekly Market Recap for July 20 – 27.
This is a weekly series that brings the insights we use to get your shipments from A to B from our carrier sales floor to your home office. Each week keep up with what we saw last week and what we expect to see this week in the freight market.
What we saw last week
- Volume and rejections remain consistently high when they should be falling compared to past years.
- Lead by the So Cal and border markets
- OTRI increased a full point to 17.9% from 16.8% Wednesday – Thursday
- DAT Line Haul Rates continue to climb when they should be falling
- TX remains just as hot of a market as CA
What to expect this week
- Some market indicators show SE softening. With decreased L/T ratios and rejection rates
- Hurricanes are starting to pop up. This will affect the Gulf, FL and the East Coast. Hurricanes can have massive impacts on markets and capacity.
- We expect the same Southern Cal and border markets to continue their challenging run.
Stay Up to Date
With all the latest weekly and monthly market insights on our Youtube page. Questions about anything you saw? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk about how we can help you take advantage of real-time market conditions.