This is a weekly series that brings the insights we use to get your shipments from A to B from our carrier sales floor to your home office.
This week Loadsmart’s Director of Carrier Sales, Jordan Abrams, breaks down what happened last week and what to expect this week in the freight market in less than 60 seconds.
What We Saw Last Week
– Last week was exciting. We watched volume and rejections sky rocket, but it proved to be just another seasonal spike. National tender rejections started off strong at over 27% but decreased as the week moved on.
– Along with the rejections increase earlier last week, well, so did Average LH rates as reported by Truckstop.com. We have already seen a 6 cent increase since November 1st
– Last week felt like the true kick off to this holiday season. We expect the coming week to be a challenge. It’s tight out there folks.
What To Expect This Week
– We are in the thick of the holiday season, with Thanksgiving right around the corner we expect limited capacity, causing high rates and increased spot volume. As Carriers reallocate their assets closer to home long hauls will a risk
– Port congestion still remains a critical aspect of what’s to come. With more and more ocean liners waiting their turn in Anchorage this freight volume will hit the US market with expedited urgency
– What would November be without mentioning Mother Nature. Snow storms are expects to cause some disruptions through the PAC NW and mountain states early in the week
Stay Up to Date
With all the latest weekly and monthly market insights on our Youtube page. Questions about anything you saw? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk about how we can help you take advantage of real-time market conditions.