This is a weekly series that brings the insights we use to get your shipments from A to B from our carrier sales floor to your home office.
This week Loadsmart’s Direct of Carrier Sales, Jordan Abrams, breaks down what happened last week and what to expect this week in the freight market in less than 60 seconds.
What We Saw Last Week
- The holiday week brought record volumes and continued rejection increases.
- Rejections sat 20 plus points higher than this time last year!
- Limited capacity continued to pressure rate to even higher levels
- National rejections reached an all time high of over 28%. Lead by reefer rejections hitting 49%
What To Expect This Week
- Expect the seasonal motions of the market with volumes normalizing and capacity flooding back into the market.
- We expect rates to increase over their Truckstop avg LH rate of 2.91/mi and RFR avg LH at 3.37/mi
- As we get closer to the Christmas holiday and end of the year we should see rates increase as capacity OTR and in the ports tighten.
Stay Up to Date
With all the latest weekly and monthly market insights on our Youtube page. Questions about anything you saw? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk about how we can help you take advantage of real-time market conditions.