This is a weekly series that brings the insights we use to get your shipments from A to B from our carrier sales floor to your home office.
This week Loadsmart’s Director of Carrier Sales, Jordan Abrams, breaks down what happened last week and what to expect this week in the freight market in less than 60 seconds.
What We Saw Last Week
- New year same with the same challenges
- Volume normalized after its holiday lull. Last week alone, volumes increased to over 12k from starting the week out under 10k.
- The Truckstop Avg LineHaul updated with a MASSIVE $0.28 increase. That’s an all time historic record. The Truck stop AVG LH rate sits at a wopping $3.22/mi.
What To Expect This Week
- The stage is set for an historic Q1
- We expect volumes to remain relatively mild as we move through Jan and Feb
- Rejections again on their way down currently around 23%. The next few weeks will be telling of what to expect for the next couple months. We expect more capacity to enter the market to alleviate elevated volumes.
Stay Up to Date
With all the latest weekly and monthly market insights on our Youtube page. Questions about anything you saw? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk about how we can help you take advantage of real-time market conditions.